What I have been up to in the last little while:
– SPX was AWESOME. I got busy shortly after and never got a chance to post about it, but I managed to wrangle hand-shakes out of several of my favorite internet celebrities. I still haven’t washed my hands. [this is possibly a lie.]
– Readying our house for a swinging Halloween party. Happy Hallo-Whedon, everyone! I’m dressing up as Saffron. [wiki]
– Readying our stuff to move into a new house. [Coming in December! WE ARE SUPER EXCITED. Same neighborhood-ish – on the other side of JHU.]
– Devoting all the squees over my niece Eleanor. SHE IS SO GREAT. I went out there in early August and got to snorfle her for DAYS.
– Resisting the nigh-irresistible urge to both gnaw my hands off and claw my eyes out whilst waiting for the Machine of Death Vol. 2 stories to be announced. I submitted mine back in July and I have been on tenterhooks ever since.
– Private personal health issues [Sorry, curious kitties, the only health stuff I’ll ever blog about is colds and if I ever get pregnant.] [I’m totes not pregnant.].
– Other personal stuff.
– Got my roommate hooked on The Guild.
– We love Once Upon a Time so far. We’re going to start watching Grimm this week.
– I am deeply in love with the new seasons of Leverage, Castle, Psych, and Community. I am going to have all of their television babies.
– I quite liked Game of Thrones. I cannot wait until season 2 arrives. Then I’ll have to actually finish book 3 and start 4. Maybe I should do that anyway. THEY’RE SO LONG.
– I’ve just re-read the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix. Y’all, read these books. They’re available on all e-readers, and they are the very best kind of fantasy. Strong, autonomous female characters, an interesting and new magical premise, mystery, love, sadness, sacrifice, friendship. THEY’RE REALLY GOOD.
So there you have it. And by “it” I mean random factoids about three months of my life. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW.