Oh hi there. It seems this blog is quickly deteriorating into a HAPPY THINGS ALL THE TIME blog. I don’t have a problem with that, do you? I didn’t think so.
- Forearm tattoos on the Facilities Fellas. [Lots of ex-navy here at the JHH.]
- Fancy pudding in the cafeteria.
- Time travel. [I really love it, guys. I love it so hard.]
- Ice cream.
- Discount Easter candy. [Malted-milk eggs, guys. Nuff said.]
- Veronica Mars. [MYSTERY.]
- Space. [I know I say this basically every time, but really truly, I want to marry space. We would have the most adorable nebula children.]
- Pearl-pink nail polish.
- Avatar, the last Airbender.
- My beard.
- White cotton sheets.
- Cinnamon gum.
- Soup. [this one is Lisa’s fault for making me want soup at 9:00 on a Thursday morning.]
Alright, I’ve got some STUFF TO DO this weekend. Namely, Friday night, My pal Penny is flying in from Seattle and we are going to see GOGOL BORDELLO with Devotchka opening. I am terribly excited. It will be my third time seeing GB here in Balmer, and they have never disappointed me. Last time, Man Man opened for them, and it was one of the most amazing concert experiences of my life.
Blah blah someone gushing about music. Anyway.
I’ve joined a writing group, and my first meeting with them is on Sunday. I am excited and nervous! I need to write a one-page story, and I think I will ROCK THAT NOISE because my forte is short and sweet.
Well, there could be blood, so maybe not so sweet. Whevs.
Moving right along: I did a massive clothing purge last weekend with the help of Rosemary, and I am getting rid of two lawn and garden-size bags of clothing. This is in addition to the several garbage bags I got rid of in October. I think I’ll stick to an October/April purge schedule. Seems to keep my wardrobe in check nicely.
Wow, this got crazy boring. I’m wrapping it up now with a big bow of LOVE. Just for you. Don’t throw it away, now, I made it special.